New MSR Delivers “Monolithic-Style” at an Affordable Price.
Colona, IL –-(Ammoland.com)- Rock River Arms, the leader in specialized Modern Sporting Rifles, has developed a 5.56mm semi-auto that advances the clean, trim look and performance of the monolithic-style upper receiver/handguard design but at a price point more in line with a conventional upper receiver and free-float handguard assembly.
The Rock River Arms RRAGE Carbine builds on Rock River Arms' new extruded flat top upper receiver.
Made of 6061T aluminum, this receiver exhibits the clean lines and defined angles commonly associated with more expensive billet uppers while delivering comparable strength and precision dimensions.
Matched to the receiver is a similarly constructed 6061T aluminum free-float handguard that blends almost seamlessly with the upper to provide an elegant, unitized profile and balanced strength and rigidity across the optics platform. The CAR-length handguard boasts a full-length MS1913 top rail and features the popular MLOK rail configuration for easy accessory adaptation. The MLOK system along the side and bottom surfaces lets shooters run a clean handguard or add only the rail accessories needed to help maintain a sleek, snag-free signature.
Combined, the RRAGE upper receiver and handguard set a new standard in MSR design and performance.
Other key components of the RRAGE include a lightweight 16-inch chrome moly barrel, A2 flash suppressor, carbine-length gas system with a low-profile gas block, single-stage trigger, A2 grip, and the RRA six-position tactical carbine buttstock.
Rock River Arms RRAGE Carbine Specifications:
- Caliber: .223/5.56mm NATO Chamber
- Upper: Extruded Aluminum “Flat Top” with Port Door/No Forward Assist
- Lower: Forged A2
- Barrel: 16” Light Weight Chrome Moly, 1:9 Twist
- Sights: None
- Gas System: CAR, with Low-Profile Gas Block
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Suppressor
- Trigger Group: Single-Stage Semi-Automatic
- Safety selector: Standard Two-Position Semi-Automatic
- Buttstock: RRA Six-Position Tactical CAR
- Pistol Grip: A2
- Handguard: CAR-Length Free-Floated Aluminum with MS1913 Top-Rail and MLOK Compatible Side and Bottom Mounting
- Length: 36 Inches with Stock Extended
- Weight: 5.7 Pounds
- Includes: One 30rd RRA Poly Magazine and Manual
- MSRP: $759.99
For more information on the complete line of production AR15 style rifles and accessories, contact: Rock River Arms, 1042 Cleveland Rd, Colona, IL 61241 Phone: (309) 792.5780 Fax: (309) 792.5781 www.rockriverarms.com
The post Rock River Arms Introduces RRAGE Carbine appeared first on AmmoLand.com.
You must be logged in to post a comment.